So, the Sunny state is your next stop? Well, it’s most likely going to be the best decision you have ever made. It offers so much, no matter who you are, what age you are, or what you might prefer. Florida simply offers everything for everyone! However, we suggest you don’t rush. First of all, rush leads to mistakes, and you can’t afford to make mistakes when making a move, especially if it has an interstate or international character. Second, you should decide what I a perfect city in Florida for you and your family. We shall help you with both – preparations for your move and choosing your piece of heaven in Florida!
What is an ideal city per your standards?
It surely depends on each person what city in Florida would be the best choice for a new home. Therefore, we did a research on what city would be suitable for different types/ages of people. Here is what types we covered:
- Students: We offer three cities you should consider if the education is what you’re seeking for.
- Career-seekers: If searching for a well-paid job, Sunshine State surely has plenty of cities where you can find them.
- Retirees: We have a few suggestions for all of you who plan on moving to Florida after retirement.
Best cities in Florida for education
When it comes to education, we based our research on universities. Here are the cities where you can find the best universities in Florida:
- St. Petersburg, Florida University: This beautiful city of Florida offers a great education and perfect living conditions at the same time. Families just love it. With the median home value of around 150.000$ and average rent 900$ it is quite affordable for almost any salary.
- Orlando, University of Central Florida: Having top-quality education, enjoying the weather while having plenty of recreational activities to pick among sounds good enough? Guess what – median home price is quite reasonable – 170.000, and average rent is just above 1000$. If you haven’t still packed your boxes, you should start!
- Tampa, University of Tampa: Low costs of living will compensate not so low cost of education if you pick the University of Tampa. Median home price is just over 172.000, and average rent is below 1000$. Plus, Tampa Bay is an area that will delight you in many ways – visit it once and you’ll surely want to live here forever!
Best cities for finding a job in Florida
Miami: One of the most popular cities in the world is probably one of the best cities to find a job you like in all of the USA. Surely, the median home price of 240.000$ doesn’t look affordable, but the average rent of less than 1000$ is surely something you can afford until you find a well-paid job and buy yourself a decent home.
- Jacksonville: With a great future predicted, and a great chance to find a well-paid job, this city is simply perfect for you. Yes, 1100$ for rent (more than Miami), and a median home price of 270.000$ surely don’t look attractive, but they can tell you how attractive this city is!
- Sarasota: Affordable life, a friendly environment and a chance to find your dream job – this is what Sarasota offers to newcomers. If you are eager to consider moving to this great Florida place, you should know that median home value is 190.000$, and average rent 900$.
Retirement in Sunshine State? Here are the best cities for you!
Cape Coral: Gulf Coast beaches, golf courses, and enough parks so you never have the same walk in months are something that attracts retirees to Cape Coral. Median home value: 170.000$; Average rent: 1000$
- Fort Lauderdale: If you want an active retirement, enjoying sports, arts, and museums, this is a perfect Florida city for you! Median home value: 270.000; Average rent: 1100$
- Port St. Lucie: If you are a sports fan, and you want to remain one in your retirement, this is a perfect place for you – The Mets have a training camp here and there are three PGA golf courts in Port St. Lucie. Median home value: 150.000$; Average rent: 1100$
How to safely relocate to Florida?
Now that you have an idea where you could move, you can start with your preparations. There are no two same relocations. Nevertheless, there are certain things you should do to ensure the safety of your move:
- Hire one of moving services to help you with Florida move: Having a help from professionals while moving home is essential. Especially if you’re moving for the first time.
- Make a detailed moving plan – and stick to it.
- Start as early as possible – Leave enough time to prepare properly for moving day, trust us, there are so many activities that you don’t have time to waste.
- Get help from friends – in case you plan on conducting some parts of relocation by yourself.
After you conducted all those essential preparations, we suggest that you consult your movers for all activities connected to your relocation, even for those you’re undertaking on your own. Your Florida movers will gladly help you with useful tips on how to pack certain items or when and how to do some other activity. Our followers suggest you consider Orange Movers Miami. They are professional, attentive and reliable, plus they don’t cost much. However, if you have any additional question, feel free to contact us and we shall gladly discuss everything with you!