Moving to Miami Beach? Congrats! When moving, you will be asking yourself plenty of questions and you will have a lot of doubts. Most of all, there will certainly be a lot of chaos around you. The moving process to your new Miami Beach house will not be that easy. But finding the best Miami Beach storage solutions is the beginning of the adjustment process. Storage is a great option in many cases – when you have too many things at home, if you are moving to Miami Beach temporarily, etc. But before you get to find the best storage solutions and organize your stuff, you should know how to prepare your belongings for storing. We are about to give you some good tips and ideas that you could use for finding good Miami Beach storage units.
How to prepare your personal possessions for storing
If you are one of the thousands who have had to pick up all your belongings and move to a new location, in this case the amazing Miami Beach, these moving tips and tricks could be life saving! So, you are moving to Miami Beach and you have already found your new house. Now it’s time to prepare moving your home. The first thing you should do is to get organized early on. This is the first step in this stressful and turbulent process. Figure out the number of days before moving. Plan on to use these days to avoid any last minute chaos. The point is to manage making a smooth and quick move to Miami Beach. Also, you should figure out how you will move. Make sure to get estimates and find your good storage in Miami Beach on time.
Self-storage: The second home of your belongings
There are lots of different storage solutions available to fit every situation and budget. We do recommend full service storage in order to save time and costs. What type of storage do you need?
- Personal storage- Very often you may need storage, even if you are not moving. Maybe you just need more space at your Miami Beach home.
- Business storage- You can use this type of storage if you need some extra space for your office supplies.
- Short-term storage- If you need to store your house for a limited time period, this is the perfect solution for you.
- Long-term storage- You don’t always want to get rid of your things and memories that don’t use on a daily basis. Maybe you will need them in some moment of your life. That’s why long term storage is the best solution in this case.
Storage solutions: How to store your stuff in five simple steps
- Find a location- First thing you need to do is to find the location that is fits you and that is near your new Miami Beach home. There are lots of different storage options available to fit every situation and budget.
- Choose a size- You can choose between large and small storage units depending on how much personal items you have for storing. There is a variety of features in each storage unit, so you need to find the right one for you.
- Reserve-Once you have found the storage Miami Beach that suits you, fill out the online reservation form to hold your unit and lock in your price.
Take advantage of our packing tips to pack like a pro. Our packing and unpacking service ensures that everything will reach your new venue safely and quickly.
- Move in- Bring your things to the property, meet your manager and sign your lease. Take advantage of our helpful storage Miami Beach tips when loading your unit.
Moving packing tips to make the process easier
- Make a packing checklist.
This will make all the difference and make your moving house really easy. Make a list of all the articles you place in each box. You could label and number them as Books, DVD’s or shoes etc. Make sure you pack them in a way that will make unpacking easier. This is one of the tricks for successful packing without chaos.
- Have a tactic when packing. Organize your belongings according to the moment you will use them. For example, have one bag with all the necessary articles you will need on the day of the move. Make sure you pack articles like toiletries, fresh pair of clothes and electronics like your smart phone or laptop with cables. Also, if its summer time, pack all your winter things separately so you do not have to sort them again when unpacking.
- Packing tip for electronics. Take a photo of the arrangement of cables behind all your electrical appliances so that it saves you time from figuring them out while unpacking.
- Sell or donate. If you have more things than you need or know, this tip is for you! Separate all your things in these 3 groups. You can organize a yard sale or put your belongings on sale online. Also, you can donate things that are in fairly good condition to charity or even to your friends and family. For all the things you need to take with you, you need to make sure you have boxes that are good enough to pack them in.
The best ideas and storage solutions you could use for packing your items
- Get the packing materials for storage Miami Beach that you will need. That is: packing paper, moving blankets, moving pads, strong cardboard boxes of various sizes and tools to take apart appliances and furniture if needed. This should be your first task on your list when preparing for packing items for storage.
- Keep bolts and other hardware in a plastic bag and tape it to the item it belongs to– the bottom of the table, place it inside a shelf of the wardrobe, etc. This is one of the most useful tips for packing a storage unit which we can advice you.
- Using stackable boxes will help you more easily arrange them. For heavier items it is good to use smaller boxes which can hold up the weightin and which are easier to transfer. In your storage Miami Beach place heavier and stronger items first like refrigerator, dishwater and tools. Lighter and unbreakable things like clothes on top.
- Appliances like a fridge or freezer should be stored clean and dry. Always leave the door slightly open to let air circulate and prevent mold. For other appliances the doors should be closed.
- Label every box with its content and which room it belongs to on its top and on each of its sides. You can keep with you a list with the boxes and their content so that you know what you’ve locked up in storage.