Do you want to buy a home in Florida? What are the options? It is a big step to take, especially in a financial way. Mobile homes are getting more and more popular, not only in Florida. What is the cost of a new mobile home in Florida and how to choose the right one for you? We have some information that may help you understand the entire concept.
Types of mobile homes
First of all, you need to know what types you can choose between. There are 3 main types:
- Single wide – size is between 600 to 1,300 square feet
- Double wide – size is between 2,000 to 2,500 square feet
- Triple wide – size can be up to 4,500 square feet
Cost of a new mobile home
Of course, costs depend on the size of a home and features. More features and a bigger home means more money. The average prices for those 3 types are:
- Single wide – $51,400
- Double wide – $96,000
- Triple wide – price can be anywhere from $100,000 to $200,000
Choose how big home you need and determine a budget and then invest in real estate in Florida. If you are not paying in cash, consider these loans to finance your mobile home in FL. Types of loans:
- Chattel (the most popular loan for buying a mobile home)
Why people are buying a mobile home in Florida?
If you are moving to Florida, the first decision to make is housing. If you are considering buying a mobile home, but you still have doubts, these are the benefits:
- Cost of a new mobile home is much cheaper than other homes, even in Florida which is one of the states with the most affordable housing
- Property taxes are lower for mobile homes. They are considered as personal property, other homes are considered as real estate.
- Building a mobile home is very fast. They are built in factories and there are no delays. If you choose a finished home, it can be on your property in a week.
- You can customize your new mobile home as you wish. It is easier and faster to have a home of your dreams. You don’t have to make compromises.
- Mobile homes are safe now. For example, there is less fire than it was in 1960.
- You can move your home wherever you want. If you want to move out of Florida, your home will be with you.
A short summary
The cost of a new mobile home in Florida depends on many different factors. It is not the same if you are buying a home during the summer or during the winter. If you want to save more money, then choose winter for purchasing it. Also, if you want a washer and dryer, or multipurpose furniture, it will cost you more. Costs do not only depend on the size of a home.