The benefits of technology in our daily lives
Technology sometimes can have a bad reputation for leading people down scary paths like identity theft or introducing predators into their lives. However, technology can make organization more efficient, simplify work and home business, coordinate activities, and much more. The use of technology is increasing day by day and we all depend on it. We accomplish specific tasks in our lives via internet. Technology is being implemented in almost every section of our lives and business structures. And one of those sections is the process of moving. So, learning how to use technology in finding good movers on the internet is very important and recommended. As the world keeps on developing, technology will be changed. It is better to stay up-to-date with new ways of finding good movers. Also, it is good to learn how to embrace and use technology in your daily life.
Find a reputable mover online
Internet Moving referral lead sources can be more than useful. If you are moving to Miami Beach, you can find good Miami movers on the internet. However, there are some things to keep in mind whether it is a “find a mover” website or “rate a mover” referral type website that grades vendors. Here are two principal types:
Find a mover website
Most moving websites or “find a mover” websites have a list of movers that “subscribe” or pay to get their leads. If you input your information into one of these websites, the movers will contact you. You should remember that the movers are there because they have been paid to be there. That doesn’t mean that they are highly rated by the Better Business Bureau. And it doesn’t mean that they are even close to you. If you do visit a “find a mover” website and submit your information, just remember to make sure the mover is licensed. Check the movers’ Better Business Bureau Rating and check out the Moving Associations in your area. You have to verify the movers’ competence and rating. Can movers from a “find a mover” website be good movers? Surely, just make sure you check them out.
Rate a mover website
The other type of website is “rate a mover” website where people get to rate the mover and the mover gets a grade or number of stars. In this type of mover’s search the movers do not come to you, you have to contact them. These websites are based on opinion and little verification is done by the websites themselves. They are generally done on an honor system. You can post a negative review about a mover for whatever reason you fell like. Also, keep in mind that companies can advertise on these sites giving themselves a leg up on movers who cannot spend the money for a preferred position. Just like with the “find a mover” websites, the “rate a mover” websites are a place you can start looking for a mover, but not the final step. Always pay attention and look at more than one review.
Make the internet a powerful tool for finding good movers
Finding a reliable and good moving company in Miami can, at first, seem frustrating and challenging. However, by doing some research on the Internet, you can save time, money and effort.
- First of all, you want to make sure that your moving company not only has the license authority to perform your move, but if they have the insurance to make it legal. Let’s start by looking up that information.
- To find out if your moving company has the insurance and license it needs to move you and your family safely and legally, go to FMCSA and enter the company’s USDOT number and then click on “search.”
- After checking their insurance, you should make a quick check with the Better Business Bureau. The BBB is a business with members that pay them dues. Use the BBB reports as a guide. Call up the BBB office and ask them about the number of complaints that your company has on file. Don’t take a satisfactory rating at face value.
- One of the last checks you should do is to call the FMCSA’s Safety Violation and Consumer Complaints hotline and ask them about the complaint history of your moving company. They are open from 10am to 6pm EST Monday thru Friday and it is worth the call.
- If anyone other than the moving company that you hired shows up on moving day, fire them on the spot. This is worth repeating. Never sign blank paperwork, and know what you are signing. Read the document, understand it and don’t worry about making the moving company wait.
Best ways to find good movers in Miami Beach using internet
Although the internet can help in many ways, it also has a variety of information. Keep in mind that sometimes a better option is to ask coworkers, friends and real estate agents to get referrals. Another place where you can find help is in your phone book, especially offices that are near your home. A professional moving company will give you the information you are seeking.
Do an initial screening of Miami movers
Once you have a list of recommended movers, go online and conduct several background checks. Visit your local Better Business Bureau or call them. You can also call or email the American Moving and Storage Association to see if a moving company is a member. The Internet can help you find a best moving company in Miami Beach.
Once you have gathered all of the estimates, compare the offers. Take a close look at the high bids and see where extra costs are coming from. Now is the time to go online and check out those who you are interested in. Make sure first that the contenders are in your state. Also, find out how long they have been in business. You should keep in mind that some movers have databases online but if they don’t call the number in the government pages of the phone book.
Check a mover’s license and insurance
As we already mentioned, go to FMCSA website and enter the company’s USDOT number and then click on “search.” Then, on moving day, get a copy of the mover’s inventory list which provides the movers with specific directions for getting to your new Miami Beach home. We suggest you to make sure you have a number where you can reach the movers during the move.